Sunday, September 21, 2014

Things Are Definitely Coming Together

Much has happened since my last post. Gary has worked on me every single day, and things are definitely coming together. The bulk of the remodeling and repairs are over, and I'm hoping for smooth sailing from here on out. My kitchen isn't 100% done, but it's close enough that Gary finally gave me the okay to post some pictures. I've been dying to show it to you, and here it is. I loved it the way it used to be, but this is SO much better. As you can see, my upper and lower cabinets are now connected via the new and improved side panels that Gary made. The edges got trimmed in new one-piece aluminum from top to bottom. And check out that backsplash. Isn't it AWESOME??? I didn't know what mini-subway tiles were until I was introduced to them, and now I am a BIG fan. Unfortunately, the brand new entry door with the porthole window that I thought I was going to get, just isn't going to happen right now. Between all of Gary's other projects and obligations, there just hasn't been time to complete it. That's alright. I'm sure that he will work on it next summer during our camping "off" season, and that will give me something to look forward to while I'm sitting here doing nothing. For now, my original door will work, and even it had some modifications to improve it. As I mentioned in a previous post, it now has a double cylinder deadbolt installed. That will positively guarantee that my door won't fly open as we're travelling, causing extensive damage to me like what I experienced previously. The window guard was modified to fit around the deadbolt, and it was freshened up (as was the inside of my door) with a fresh coat of Rustoleum gloss white. Last on my "show and tell" list for today, is my brand new bulletin board that Gary installed above my door. It was cut down in size to fit the space from it's much larger original size. Just so Gary knows exactly how I'm feeling right now, I tacked up the big message in the middle of the board. That pretty much says it all. The drawer that Gary has been working on for under my bunk beds isn't quite done yet, but it's very close. I hope to have pictures of it completed and installed by the next time I post. Well, that's about it for today. I think I'm going to check out the NASCAR race and maybe watch a little football. To all my fans and friends, have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment