Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stainless Surprise



After several days of marathon hours, Gary left me alone for a couple of days to do other things. On one of the days, I heard him cursing at the lawn mower that wouldn't start, and then heard him mowing, so I guess he got it going. It's kind of lonely out here in the garage when he's not around. There are a couple of other trailers and cars in here with me, but they don't talk as much as I do. Anyway, I was happy when I saw Gary looking over some of my parts early this morning, because that meant he would be spending the day with ME! Piece by piece, he carried the parts for my kitchen cabinets in and began putting them together. Everything went together as easily as the bunk bed did. With the lower cabinet in place, I was surprised when Gary came in with a BEAUTIFUL stainless steel countertop. WOW!!! I had never been fitted with anything that nice. And that wasn't the end of the surprises. I also got a stainless steel backsplash. I felt like I had won the lottery! The stainless pieces were purchased from the air conditioning company fabrication shop that Gary had gotten my aluminum patch panels from. The stainless pieces were glued into place, and my new sink was mounted. Gary was on a roll, installing my upper cabinet just minutes later. He also installed the newly painted pieces for my front (dinette area) bed. It was a BUSY day, but he got LOTS done. And unlike that pesky lawn mower, I didn't get cursed at at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment