Friday, January 27, 2017

A Pictureless Update

Hello, my friends. I hope you all are doing well, and 2017 has been good to you so far. A lot has changed since I last posted. We even have a new President now. WOW! I've been fine, but I sure have missed not traveling and camping. As for my buddy Gary, he has been as busy as usual with projects around the house, and maintaining our booth at the antique mall. In-between all the work, he had some MAJOR dental work this month that put him out of commission for a few days. I tried to make him comfortable while he was on the mend. I think I did a pretty decent job, but you'll have to verify that with him. He's been back to the dentist for two follow-up appointments. In addition to the dreaded dental work, Gary has managed to sneak out of here and have some fun on a few occasions. He's been to the gigantic Webster Westside Flea Market twice this month, the Renninger's Antique Extravaganza in Mount Dora once, and the Sumter County (near Webster) car show once. Good old reliable Dodge (my best buddy other than Gary), has been serving extra duty with all of these events and appointments. Casper, the 2003 van that Gary usually drives for most things other than towing me, has been parked for a leaking water pump. That's another project that Gary has worked on when he's felt like it. He HATES working on vehicles since he discovered how cool it is to work on travel trailers. I'm sure that Dodge will be happy when Casper gets fixed, so he can take a break and get some rest. After all, he has a whopping 260,000 miles on him now. For the most part, we haven't had many days that were cool enough to not have the air conditioner running. Gary and I love the winter time in Florida, and it's disappointing that we haven't had more cool days to enjoy. We're hoping that will change. In other happenings here at Green Acres, Gary had to have the large oak tree in our front yard removed. It was damaged by Hurricane Matthew back in October. It posed a danger to the house, so it had to go. The tree's removal was especially sad for me, because it provided a home to a lot of the neighborhood squirrels. I LOVED watching them chase each other up and down that tree, and eating their meals on the tree's limbs. With the tree gone, I don't see nearly as many of my furry-tailed little buddies as I used to. Dorsey, the storage container that was recently purchased, has gotten cleaned inside, and is ready to get some nice white paint on his interior walls. Then he will get shelves, a work table, and other improvements. Things are moving along nicely here at Green Acres in 2017, yet there's still so much to do. I wish I could help, but manual labor just isn't my thing. My only value is being the best little camper I can be, and I'm REALLY looking forward to a couple of planned trips in February, where I can remind Gary how fun I am to have around. Sorry I don't have any pictures to share with you. I think this is the first time I've ever done a post without at least ONE picture. I'll try to do better next time. Take care, have fun, and I'll chat with you soon from a campground far far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment