Monday, August 21, 2017

The Solar Eclipse And The Latest News

I had heard so much about today's solar eclipse, that I desperately wanted to go outside and see it for myself. But, here in St. Augustine Florida, it was a very cloudy and dark day with intermittent light rain, so Gary and I stayed inside and watched this special event on TV. Just as well, I guess. There wasn't much to see from around here anyway. It was pretty spectacular on television, and we got to see live coverage on NBC News from coast to coast. Gary took some photos of the TV screen while we watched, and I'm sharing them with all of you here on my blog. I wish we could have been camping somewhere closer to the action, but we're not going anywhere for a few more months. Hard to believe it's been more than a month since my last blog post. The summer is going by pretty quickly, and I'm very happy about that. I still haven't had any work done to me yet in preparation for our camping trips in the fall, but that doesn't mean that nothing has happened around here. Gary's been working on the house, his vehicles, and there's always lots of yard work to be done, especially this time of year. He works primarily in the mornings and very late in the day. It's brutally hot during the afternoons, so he's working on a major update to his iTunes library when he's not outside. My air conditioner keeps me in the lower to mid 60's all the time, so Gary is very comfortable while he hangs out with me and does his computer work. I've got him trained to change the TV channels when necessary, so I can watch my favorite shows. He's got the schedule down pat. HA, he just THINKS he's the boss! There's a new set of shelves right next to me in the space where my little sister Poppy used to be. I'll post some pictures soon. Well, that's all I can think of telling you about for now. As the fall gets closer, I know there's going to be more going on around here that I'll be involved in. And you know when I'm involved, I ALWAYS have to tell you about it. What else would you expect from the only talking travel trailer in town?

No comments:

Post a Comment