Sunday, October 22, 2017

Room Without A View

It's been more than a month since I last posted, so I thought I'd better check in to let you know I'm still alive. All is well here at the Green Acres Garage. The camping season is right around the corner, and I'm getting more and more excited with every passing day. I'll sure be glad when Dodge and I are hitched up and heading down the highway. It seems like this summer has been longer than any I've ever lived through. While I do basically nothing around here, my buddy Gary does more than enough for both of us. I can't imagine being so old and working so hard. It's pretty amazing. One of his many projects was setting up some new shelves here in the garage. I think I mentioned them awhile back, but I didn't have any pictures to show you. The shelves are in the spot where my little sister Poppy used to be. These shelves were originally built for use in the front room of the house, and were relocated to the garage and modified to fit the space. A deck was added on the top for additional storage. The 2x4 railing around three sides of the deck was my idea. Having stuff up there that could potentially fall on me (or Gary's head) was more than a little scary, so the simple railing was attached. For years, it was nice to look over and see Poppy sitting there. After she was gone, I was able to see the side roll-up garage door for a little while. Well, my view now is totally blocked by boxes filled with junk that Gary somehow "just can't live without", as he says. He has "junkitis" worse than anyone I've ever met. Not sure why, but buying all this stuff seems to make him happy. If this is the worst thing he does, then I guess it's not too bad. At least he's not a trailer abuser or something equally evil. So, the Green Acres Garage continues to get more crowded. But, as long as I can still get in and out of the front roll-up door, that means that I can still go camping, and that's what I LIVE for!

No comments:

Post a Comment