Sunday, February 18, 2018

Birthdays In Apopka

Happy Daytona 500 Sunday, my friends. Gary and I are hanging out together (along with our buddy Dodge, of course), anticipating the start of the first NASCAR race of the 2018 season. It's always exciting, and hopefully one of our favorites will win. We will know in a few hours. We are currently camping here at Wekiwa Springs State Park in Apopka, FL. We arrived here last Wednesday, and we leave next Thursday. We rarely spend eight days in a row at one park, and we decided to do it not once, but twice on this trip. When we do leave here, we'll also spend eight days at "Sebby", or Sebastian Inlet as everyone but me calls it. FUN times! We saw a gopher turtle and some wild turkeys on the way to the campground. Gary has seen a few deer on his trips in and out of the park, but none have visited me yet. I'm hoping to see a few before we head out of here. Gary and I will celebrate our birthdays here tomorrow. Gary will be 63, and I will be 46. Can you believe it? Well, maybe with Gary you can, but not me. I don't look my age at all. HaHaHa!!! Naturally, we brought along my air conditioner for this trip. It's HOT for February, but nothing new when you live in Florida. I'm in the shade a couple of times each day, so it's not too bad. There's EXCELLENT TV coverage since we're so close to Orlando. No cable TV here, but my little antenna brings in every channel there is. Gary went antique shopping on our first full day here, and he also spent the last two days at the ENORMOUS Renninger's Antique Extravaganza in nearby Mount Dora. Dodge is LOADED with "treasures" that Gary "just had to have". It's a good thing he has me to live in, since there's no longer any room for him in the house. No joke! And tomorrow he's heading to the Webster Flea Market where he will no doubt buy even MORE junk. It's a sickness I tell you, and he's got it BAD!!! He enjoys the thrill of the hunt though, and I'm glad he's found something that makes him happy. He could definitely be doing worse things. So, I'll be spending a lot of my birthday by myself, but that's okay. I'm camping, and there's nothing I enjoy any more than that. Gary and I will both be doing what we love, and who could ask for more on their birthday? It's almost race time, so I'm going to go for now. Just thought I'd check in to let you know where we are at. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment