Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer's Here, And We're Not Happy

Hey, remember me? It's been six whole weeks since I last created a blog post. It isn't that I've been busy or lazy, it's just that there hasn't been anything going on around here that involves me. I've just been sitting here watching TV, or sitting here watching Gary work. I'm a GREAT watcher, but not too handy in the help department. My main job, (as it always is), is to provide a comfortable place for Gary to hang out when he wants to, and I think I do a pretty good job of that. I'm cool inside in the summer, and warm inside in the winter. Who could ask for more, right? Luckily, Gary seems to be pretty darn happy with me. It seems like years since our camping season ended. It will feel like years until our new camping season begins in the fall. Summers are extremely long in Florida. The other seasons flash by in a heartbeat. As the days have gone by, it has continued to get hotter and hotter. As you can see by the photo of the thermometer that is hanging on my stone shield, it was 101 degrees this afternoon inside the garage. It's been 98 and 99 degrees every day for a week or so, but today is the first day that's it's reached triple digits. Sadly, this is just the beginning of triple digit days. July and August are especially brutal, and those dreaded months are just around the corner. We HATE the summer months. On the opposite end of the spectrum, it's a cool 64 degrees inside of me. My air conditioner has been on 24/7 since the second week of March. Yes, it was hot even then, but nothing like we are experiencing now. Gary's been taking more and more breaks to cool off. My air conditioner is much more efficient and cheaper to run than the one in the house, so he's been doing the planning for his projects in me. Some of those projects are upcoming ones that involve some work on me, so I seriously doubt if it will be six weeks before you hear from me again. When something exciting happens, I'll be telling you all about it right here on my blog. Until next time, stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment