Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Winter In Wekiwa Springs

It's day number one (of five) here at Wekiwa Springs State Park in Apopka, Florida. This is our last camping trip of the 2016/2017 season, but I'm going to try not to think about that too much. There's no need to be sad when this is our last time to have fun and be happy. When we arrived today, our campsite was still occupied. We had to kill some time, so Dodge and I hung out in the parking lot, while Gary wandered around and snapped a few picture around the area where the springs are. He even took a picture of himself, and he rarely does that. His face didn't break the camera lens, so all is well (Ha-Ha!). After an hour or so, we made our way back to the campground, and luckily, our campsite was vacant and waiting for us. We have camped here at Wekiwa on several occasions, and all but once we have made campsite 33 our home. It's obviously our favorite campsite here. Winter in Florida is CRAZY!!! It was 81 degrees and muggy today. Gary planned ahead and brought along my air conditioner, making my interior an un-toaster-like 64 degrees. Nice! You may recall my post from our visit here a couple of years ago, when we didn't have my air conditioner, and all of my windows were open. The super aggressive squirrels that live here at Wekiwa, actually chewed through my screens and partied inside of me while Gary was out antique shopping. I was in shock! They were running all over the place, and got into a brand new loaf of bread, making a BIG mess. As much as I love squirrels, that was WAY too scary for little old me. They will hopefully come around to be fed, but that will be happening OUTSIDE, not INSIDE. Since we are so close to the Orlando area, TV reception here is perfect. There's a new channel to be found with every click of the remote. We'll have something to watch, even if the rain storms come through this weekend as predicted. Well, I'm going to get off this computer, relax for awhile, and enjoy the things that make camping so much fun. If I don't write again while we are here, I'll write from home for sure. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment