Monday, April 10, 2017

Celine And Jean-Pierre

A few years ago, Gary and I had the pleasure of meeting Celine and Jean-Pierre as we camped at Stephen Foster State Park in northern Florida. We had a great time with them for the couple of days we shared a campsite together. Fast forward to 2017, and our friends from Quebec were camping right here in our hometown of St. Augustine at Anastasia State Park. Coincidentally, they were at the park at the same time that our friends Tina and Joe from Ohio were there. This was a few days before Gary surprised me and took me out for a two night stay of our own. Tina and Joe got to meet Celine and Jean-Pierre, and Gary got to spend quite a bit of time with both couples. I wish I could have seen them, but it just wasn't meant to be this time. They invited us to come to Quebec and camp at their house. That would be LOTS of fun! I've never been outside of the United States. The closest we've ever been to Canada was when we went to Letchworth State Park in western New York in 2013. I'll be reminding Gary from time to time that we have an open invitation to visit Quebec. There are so many places we want to go to, and with our camping seasons getting a bit shorter every year, I'm not sure if we will ever get to all of them. Anyway, I'm glad that our friends are happy and healthy and doing well, and traveling to some of the places we only dream of. We hope to camp with them again VERY soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment