Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The First Day Of Summer?

According to the calendar, today is the first day of summer. Could have fooled me! When you live in Florida like I do, there isn't much of the year when it doesn't feel like summer. There's basically just varying degrees of humidity, and when May and June arrive, the intensity increases. July and August are the worst months, and I am NOT looking forward to that at all. UGH!!! Anyway, I'll try to be good and keep my complaints to myself. My buddy Gary has it worse than I do. In addition to the heat and humidity, he has to deal with biting yellow flies, mosquitoes, gnats, wasps, fire ants, and other things that leave me alone, but are not kind at all to humans. I'd definitely rather be a travel trailer than a human. You guys have it rough. Speaking of Gary, he is working diligently on a wide variety of projects. I don't think I've ever seen him work this hard. He has a goal in mind to be reached before we go camping in the fall, and he's making good progress so far. In preparation for our fall and winter camping, the Georgia State Parks annual pass was ordered last week, and arrived just a few days later. The annual pass is a great deal at full price, and since Gary turned 62 years old in February, he now gets the senior citizen discount. That's an additional $20 savings. SWEET!!! Florida doesn't offer senior discounts until you turn 65, so that's just one more reason to spend most of our camping season in Georgia, not that we needed another excuse. We LOVE their parks! During my idle time, I've been spending lots of time surfing on the net. I saw an ad recently for personalized Coke bottles, so I ordered a set. Aren't they cool? The Three Camp-A-Teers immortalized on 8oz. glass bottles. I LOVE them! Gary REALLY shouldn't leave his credit cards around for me to shop with. That's DANGEROUS!!! We once had a pair of plastic flamingos that traveled with us, but they were stolen more than a year ago. They are the only things that have ever been stolen from us in all our years of camping. We suspect that some rowdy kids took them, but couldn't prove it. Through all of our camping trips last year, we missed having our colorful mascots along. Gary was shopping on eBay recently, and thought about buying another pair. Cost wise, it didn't make sense to only buy a pair. So, he bought a box of TEN!!! We will likely only carry a pair of them along with us on trips, but now we have back-up flamingos in case any go missing. Some of them will stay here at Green Acres and decorate the yard. Besides the intense heat that we'll have to deal with in the coming months, I also have to have some tongue surgery. Needless to say, I am SUPER nervous about that. My original Atwood tongue jack quit working during our trip to St. Petersburg last month. Since then, I've been jacked up with a vintage K-Mart bottle jack. It serves the purpose, but isn't as good in any way as my old Atwood. Since my original jack was welded in at the factory when I was born, it will have to be cut out and replaced. It makes me sick just thinking about it! That's going to HURT!!! I hope to be healed up and ready to go in the fall, and I know my buddy Gary will make sure that happens. He ALWAYS takes good care of me. Well folks, that's the latest happenings. It's been quite awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd better check in. Be well, be safe, and have fun. Love, Toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment