Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A Brief Stopover At Paynes Prairie

Hi Y'all. We had some SERIOUS fun at Reed Bingham State Park in Georgia. Gary attended the car show in nearby Moultrie, and I relaxed at the campsite, watched TV, enjoyed the sights, sounds, and smells that only campers know about. I also became good buddies with a couple of very friendly squirrels that most definitely gained some weight while we were there. They ate up two full bags of peanuts. WOWZA!!! The time flew by quickly as it always does when you're having fun, and our four night stay came to an end. No worries though. That was just the beginning of our trip, and we have now made our way back into Florida and down into our favorite inland Florida State Park, Paynes Prairie Preserve. We come here at least once a year. This will be a brief stay of only two nights. It's our "in-between car shows" layover spot. We will head to Daytona next, but more about that in a future posting. As usual, we are in campsite number 18. It's small, but just right for a little guy like me. They've done some work to the campsites since we were here last. Some fill dirt has been added, the old dead tree stump that served no purpose is gone, and they moved the fire pit from the back of the site to where the dead tree trunk used to be. I do believe this site is even nicer now than it's always been, and I didn't think that was possible. It's REALLY dark here at night, and SUPER quiet. Add that to the nice cool temperatures we are having right now, and it's easy to sleep peacefully through the night. And at $18 per night, it's the best deal that Florida State Parks has to offer. We absolutely LOVE this place. Always have. Gary is out antique shopping today, so while he is gone, I thought I'd catch up on my blog and surprise him when he gets back. It's overcast today, and a bit gloomy looking, but I'm all smiles. Nothing can get me down, especially when I'm doing what I love best. I'm hoping some squirrels come to visit. There weren't many peanuts left after those little porkers in Georgia ate so much, but I have a partial bag in reserve, and I asked Gary to buy some more while he's out. Well, it's time for People's Court, so I'm going to get off this computer and check out what Judge Marilyn has in store for her litigants today. Nice chatting with you all. I'll write again from Daytona.

No comments:

Post a Comment