Saturday, November 18, 2017

Back To The Land Of Cotton

Welcome to the latest edition of my blog. I'm coming to you today from Reed Bingham State Park in Adel, Georgia, and I am SO happy to be here. It was touch and go for awhile as to whether or not I would be able to come along on this trip with my buddies Gary and Dodge. As you know, I had frame surgery just two days before we were scheduled to leave home, but I healed quickly and was able to make it. I think the soothing bath that Gary gave me just before we left was the most helpful thing in making me feel better. I hadn't had a bath in MANY months, and I was REALLY disgusting. But, now I'm not ashamed of being seen in public. I didn't get polished, but I still look pretty doggone good, if I do say so myself. Gary also repainted my tongue, painted the bare spots on my frame where the surgery occurred, and re-routed some of my wiring. It was a quick fix-up, but I'm pleased with the results. We had a uneventful journey to get here, and that is often the best kind. We slept for a couple of hours at a rest stop out on I-10 in Florida, then cruised on up into Georgia and into the park mid-morning. We're once again in our favorite campsite here, which is campsite number 1. Squirrels love to hang out in the oak tree that shades me, and you KNOW how much I love squirrels. It sure is great to be camping again. There's nothing like the smell of campfires and the softly filtered sun on my skin. We're here for four nights, and then we move on. Internet connectivity has been an issue so far on this trip, but I'll write when I can. We're having fun. I hope you all are too. Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. I never saw cotton on stems til we picked up Maizie in NC in December 2014. I can't figure out how to change my name to .... something like Tina and FALA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you, Tina. Hope to see you in the spring. I can't answer your question as to how to change your blog name. I guess you'll have to ask an expert about that.

    Love,
    Toaster

    ReplyDelete