Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Bad News, Good News

We've been "yamping" (yard camping) since returning home from our fun trip to "Sebby" (Sebastian Inlet). Gary has had the inside of the garage all messed up with a couple of projects, so there's been no room for Dodge and I. We spent a couple of nights in front of the garage, one night next to the garage, and the last few nights next to the carport behind the garage. It's like being in a different campground almost every night. It's actually kind of fun. I like being outside when the weather is nice, but when it's raining or stormy or under the threat of a hurricane or tornado, I want to be in my comfy garage with the doors CLOSED!!! I was in the sun when parked in front of the garage, but it's nice and shady back here next to the carport. I've had a good time hanging out with my little sister Poppy, and my poor old buddy Dodge is right here with us too. We haven't all been together in a long time. Next week is Christmas. This will be the first time since 2010 that we'll be spending the holidays here at home. The long camping trip that was scheduled to begin this week, a loop that would have taken us all through Georgia, has been postponed until October of next year. That wreck that Dodge and Gary were involved in has really disrupted our plans. Neither of my buddies feel much like going anywhere right now, and I can't say that I blame them. Staying home right now is okay with me. With the rescheduling of that Georgia trip, I now have something to look forward to next fall. So, bad news now is good news later. No problem! We have two trips on the books for February, and as far as I know, we will still be making both of them. In the meantime, Dodge has an appointment in early January for some body work, and Gary will also do some preventive maintenance on him. It's been 7 years and 75,000 miles since he had a new water pump, radiator hoses, and a fan belt, so Gary will replace all of those. I really don't need any work done on me right now, so I'm ready to go whenever my buddies feel like it. I'm sure they will feel better as time goes by. My "yamping" adventure is drawing to a close. Gary has cleaned up the garage enough for Dodge and I to return to our happy home. So, I guess I'll be locked up until we hit the highways again in February. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all, from Gary, Toaster, and Dodge in beautiful St. Augustine, FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment