Friday, December 8, 2017

Sebby And The Fat Bastard

Hello out there! Your pals, Gary, Toaster, and Dodge, have made our way down to Sebastian Inlet State Park near Melbourne Florida. I like to call the park "Sebby" for short. We are here for a week, and as I write this, we are already on day number five. It's hard to believe we've been here this long already. Where does the time go? We are having a BLAST!!! We needed this after our disastrous outing at Tomoka State Park. That was just plain HORRIBLE. We always have a good time here, and that's one of many reasons that we try to visit Sebby at least once a year. Gary booked our favorite campsite here (#36) almost a year ago. But when we arrived, we found out that there's construction going on in campsites 36 thru 44. So, they moved us into campsite 54 in a brand new loop that just recently opened. It's a nice site with a waterfront view, but we still like the seclusion and the little shade tree we had in campsite 36. We were told that the campsites currently under construction are being upgraded, so maybe next time we will end up in a new and improved campsite 36. Time will tell. It was a weird week between arriving home from Tomoka and coming here. The accident that Gary and Dodge had (see my previous post for details) really messed things up. I wasn't sure if Dodge was going to be well enough to tow me here, but Gary checked him over completely, and mechanically he seems fine. Dodge performs just like he did before the wreck. He isn't as handsome as he was before, but he's still acting just like his old self. I am thankful for that. Gary had a headache for a week, and was feeling some soreness in his neck and back. He's feeling better, but not totally back to normal yet. I think this trip is helping. I've been hanging out at the campground like I always do. Gary and Dodge have been hunting for antiques from as far north as Titusville, to as far south as Fort Pierce. We're all doing what we love, so everybody's happy. I have some squirrel pals that come by every day to visit. There are a couple of skinnier squirrels, and then there's the one I lovingly call "Fat Bastard". I'll bet you were thinking I was calling Gary Fat Bastard when you read the title of this post. Would I do that??? No, NEVER!!! HAHAHA!!! He (or she) is in desperate need of a diet, and we are not helping much. Gary has bought several bags of peanuts, and my furry little buddies are eating them up at a rapid pace. I apologize if Fat Bastard is a girl. Is there an easy way for a half blind travel trailer to tell the difference between boy squirrels and girl squirrels? Anyway, all of the squirrels are friendly and quite tame, and they love hanging out with us. I'll post more pics later, but this is all that Gary has downloaded from his camera so far. It's been unusually hot, with temperatures in the middle 80's during the day, and the lower 70's at night. That's CRAZY for December. It's a good thing that Gary brought along my air conditioner on this trip, otherwise we would both be miserable. The no-see-ums are HORRENDOUS this year. They don't bother me, but all the humans are complaining about them. Gary sprays insect repellent on himself every time he goes outside. It takes some prolonged cooler weather to kill off the pesky bugs, and that just hasn't happened yet. If the weather gurus are correct, the forecast is for rain tonight and tomorrow, and then it's supposed to be MUCH cooler. We are hoping that's true. All is well with us, and we hope that all is well with you. Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment