Tuesday, July 24, 2012

All Jacked Up, And Nowhere to Go

Gary has been VERY busy lately. I've seen him often, but he's been working on other things besides trailers. Things changed today though. He didn't really work on me or my brother "Scotty", but he did remove our wheels, and measured both of us for new axles. I've been wanting a new axle for SO long. I'm a little saggy on the right hand side, and it's pretty embarrassing. Scotty has a nice non-saggy axle, but since he's all the way down to his bare frame now, it's the best time to replace his 41 year old axle with a new one as well. Scotty was equipped with brakes from the factory, but I wasn't. When our new axles are installed, we'll BOTH have brakes. I can't wait! This will be the most expensive single purchase that Gary has encountered yet during the renovations of myself and Scotty, but it will be worth it. I don't care if I ever get another present again as long as I get this. It will be a couple of weeks before the new axles get here. Obviously, I'm not going anywhere for awhile, but that's alright. Gary has 13 campouts already booked for us for this fall and winter, and I'm sure he will book more. And I'll be smiling all the way as I cruise down the road atop a brand new axle. Yeah baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment