Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Visit From "Aunt" Sandy

Nothing has changed much in the past week or so here at the Green Acres Garage, at least as far as I'm concerned. I'm still waiting to spend a little time outside, and maybe have a bath before we head out on our next camping trip. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been very cooperative. It's rained quite often, and I'd really rather be inside my comfortable garage on bad weather days. Gary has continued his seemingly never ending garage cleaning and organizing project. He has moved a LOT of stuff around, but honestly, the place still looks pretty bad. Please don't tell him I said that. I've tried to encourage him to keep at it, but lets face it, the truth is the truth. In the meantime, I'm waiting somewhat impatiently for the day when things REALLY look good around here. I'm counting the days until we camp again, and the time is almost here. The garage door is still within sight with no clutter in the way, so it looks like I'll have no problem in getting out of here when the time comes. It's been quite awhile since we've had any visitors, but that finally changed today. Gary's friend Sandy (I like to call her "Aunt" Sandy), came by after work today to bring Gary an early birthday present. She's a good and supportive friend. As you may remember, Sandy transported Gary to and from his eyelid surgery back in October of last year, and went to the store for him afterwards. She's always been so nice to both Gary and myself. She got a tour of the messy garage while she was here, then visited with me and "Nutkin" for awhile. I do believe that "Nutkin" has found himself a new friend, since Sandy and him got along tremendously. It was great to see her again, and nice to have a visitor. That's the most excitement I've had since our last camping trip. In less than a week, we'll be hitting the highway for a week at Paynes Prairie. I may be going as a dirty little un-bathed camper, but at least I'll be there. WOO-HOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment