Sunday, September 18, 2016

Cleared For Takeoff

I am SO happy to say that the long, hot, miserable summer is almost over. That means that the fall camping season is right around the corner. I've been sitting right here in one spot since January 5th. How would you like to sit in one place for almost nine months? It doesn't sound like much fun, does it? As the time gets closer for us to hit the highway, I'm not only getting more excited, but until this week, I was also getting more nervous. There was no possible way for me to go anywhere. As you can see in the first picture, I am almost hidden from sight if you were standing outside the garage looking in. Gary has bought a tremendous amount of stuff since we got into the antique business, and some of it is furniture and other large items. For me to have any hope of going camping, all of that stuff needed to find a new home. Gary somehow managed to fit all of it inside the front room of the house. That room has always been used as a storage area. He had to do a lot of rearranging and some shelf building to make everything fit. As they say, where there's a will, there's a way. After a couple of afternoons of work, there was nothing left between me and the garage door opening except for a small amount of clutter. Gary finished cleaning up today. I will sleep well tonight, knowing that there's a way for me to escape. Bring on the camping season!

No comments:

Post a Comment