Sunday, October 23, 2016

Another Visit To Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park

Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park is the fourth stop on our first round of camping for the season. This is one of our favorite parks. It's the largest State Park in Georgia, and another of the many that was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps. That beautiful stone work on the park office is a prime example of their craftsmanship. The park is unusually busy, one thing because it's the weekend, and another because there's a geocaching tournament going on. Our favorite campsites were taken, but we found a suitable replacement in the second camping loop, campsite number 218. Gary has already been out exploring the park, taking pictures all over the place. He especially likes Lake Delanor, the scenic overlooks, and Dowdell's Knob, the area where the FDR statue is. His sister and brother-in-law live about 25 miles away from the park, so I know he will be visiting with them a lot while we are here. TV reception is pretty decent, and I've already found the station that has People's Court and some of my other favorites, so I'll be fully entertained while Gary is away. The temperature is a bit high today. We're hoping for cooler nights so we don't have to use the air conditioner, but that remains to be seen. We will definitely miss those cool days and nights that we experienced at Fort Mountain State Park. That was PERFECT!!! I'm not feeling too talkative today, so I'll let the beauty of the park speak for itself in the pictures I'm sharing with you. We'll be here for five nights, and I'm going to relax and feed the squirrels that are stopping by looking for food. Enjoy the pics, and I'll chat with you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment