Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Two Nights At O'Leno












Hi Folks!  It's me, Toaster the road warrior. I'm already a tad bit behind on posting during our travels, but the photos wouldn't download while we were at O'Leno State Park. So now that we're in a place with better internet reception (more on that during my next post), I'll get caught up. I was given strict instructions before we left home that I was supposed to not get behind on my blog posts, but I can't help it if technology doesn't always cooperate. We were at O'Leno for just two nights, so Gary didn't set me up with all the frills like he does when we stay somewhere for three days or longer. I got my power and TV antenna hooked up, my step put out next to my door, and my porch light attached. No stabilizer jacks, no water hook-up, no tablecloth, no pink flamingos, no "Serra" (my little metal Scottish Terrier). TV reception was perfect. Gary and I watched the NASCAR Championship race from Miami-Homestead, and then Sunday Night Football. We were in campsite number 5 for our stay, and it is directly across the street from the restrooms, which Gary says are VERY nice. The campsite wasn't perfectly level, but close enough for us. Gary scoped out campsite number 4, and he thinks it's a little better. We will try to stay there on our next visit. It was nice and quiet during both nights, and we all slept well. On our second and final day, Gary and Dodge went to the HUGE Webb's Antique Mall. It's just a few miles away from the park, and that was one of the deciding factors for our stay at O'Leno. We never pass Webb's that we don't stop. As usual, I hung out at the park, fed the squirrels, and greeted all the people that pass by and stare at me. From Webb's, Gary and Dodge drove all the way home (about 170 miles round trip). While there, all of the purchases made at the car show in Georgia were dropped off, as well as all the purchases made at Webb's. Gary also washed a load of laundry, and unloaded the warm clothes he brought for our stay at Reed Bingham State Park in Georgia. In Florida, warm clothes are seldom necessary, and our next stop would be a five night stay in Flagler Beach (again, more on that during my next post). He also brought back my air conditioner just in case we may need it during our Florida camping. There wasn't any point in carrying it to Georgia with us, since temperatures never got higher than the mid 60's, and got down as low as 35. As we left O'Leno, it was raining lightly. That kept up until we got down to Ocala. I'm not thrilled with traveling in the rain, but at the same time, I was anxiously awaiting the next stop on this round of camping. Like dealing with working or non-working technology, we can't do anything about the weather. I'll write more soon, no doubt about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment