Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wildcat Lake Roadside Park






This past week, I got to go to St.Petersburg with Gary. Neither of us like going there, but things needed to get done at his rental house. Since I'm his home away from home, I always get to go now that the house is occupied and Gary can no longer sleep in the house. I've showed you pictures of me sitting on the driveway in St.Pete before, so I won't bore you with that again. Instead, I thought I'd share some pictures of a little roadside park that Gary and I stopped at along the way. It's called Wildcat Lake. It's on State Road 40 between Ormond Beach and Ocala. We have passed there many times before, but finally decided to stop for the first time. As you enter from the highway, to the right are the restrooms and a parking area with a grassy area leading down to a tiny beach. On the other end is more parking and a boat ramp with a dock. Gary parked me under the trees there, and had a sandwich after taking these pics. There's not much to the place, but it's a quiet area to hang out in and take a break from the road. It's actually kind of pretty. Too bad they don't have a camping area. I'd be all over that. Not far away is Juniper Springs and Big Scrub Campgrounds, both of which are located in the Ocala National Forest. A future trip could include a night or two of camping in one of those places. If I whine long enough, maybe Gary will take me there. Then again, if I whine too much, I might end up on eBay. YIKES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment