Thursday, February 19, 2015

Birthday Times Two

Happy February 19th, everyone. This is a special day for Gary and I. It's our birthdays! I'm only 43, but Gary is a whopping 60. He's old enough to be my Daddy! Actually, there are a few people that call him that. He doesn't seem to mind. He may be old, but he hasn't lost his sense of humor. We are in the midst of a very lazy day here at O'Leno State Park. My little stuffed squirrel buddies, Squeekers and Nutkin, are the only ones that seem to be fully awake around here today. We stayed up late last night, and didn't wake up until 9AM this morning. For us, that is VERY late. I know I've posted a couple of pictures today that look almost like ones I posted last time, but now I'm 43 instead of 42. Do I look any older? As you can see in the outdoor photos of Dodge and I, it's a sunny 50 degree day here. It's the coolest day we've had all week, and we like it like this. It rained all day and night on Tuesday, was nice on Wednesday, and today is the nicest day yet. Gary and Dodge did their usual running around and antiquing on Tuesday and Wednesday, but today they are hanging out with me here at the campground. Dodge is the hardest worker of all of us, and he is definitely enjoying taking a break. It's nearly 1PM, and Gary is still lounging in his comfy looking sleep pants. We've done nothing but play on the internet and watch TV so far today, and it looks like we're going to be doing more of the same as the day goes on. Gary mentioned watching a movie or two, so we'll probably do that and then maybe take a nap. Even though I'm relatively young, I've always been able to fall asleep almost anytime or anywhere. Gary never has been as sleepyheaded as me, but the older he gets, the more he seems to enjoy a little snooze from time to time. I'll follow his lead. Whatever he wants to do is fine with me. I'm having a WONDERFUL day, and spending time with all my buddies on my birthday, especially while camping, is just as good as good can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment