Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Camping At Ft. McAllister Historic State Park

Hey Everyone! Did you miss me? I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but you know how incredibly lazy I am. That's my only excuse for not at least getting on here and saying hello if nothing else. I'll try to communicate better, but I make no guarantees. Nothing much happened in the week or so we were at home after our last camping trip. Gary was busy as he always is, but I did basically nothing. What else is new, right? Anyway, the week blew right by, and it was finally time to hit the road for round number 8 of our 10 round camping season. Where to this time, you ask? Georgia! This will be a three stop round, and at three parks we have never camped at before. New places are always exciting. We love to visit new places as much as we love visiting our old favorites, maybe even more. Our first stop is at Ft. McAllister Historic State Park in Richmond Hill, Georgia. That's just a little bit south of Savannah, just in case you're wondering. We rode through the campground about three times, trying to find a campsite we really like. As with most places we go to, some campsites are better than others. I think we picked a pretty nice one. It's a little bit further away from the restroom than Gary typically likes, but there's nobody close to us. That's what we like best. There's plenty of squirrels here, and Gary saw six deer on the way back from a trip to the restroom. That's AWESOME!!! If only he had his camera with him at the time. Oh well. There's still time. We are here for three nights. Gary didn't stray far from the campsite yesterday when we arrived. He got very little sleep on the night before we left for the trip, and he was tired and nearly as lazy as me. Today, he's in Savannah, having breakfast at an authentic 50's diner. From there, he will spend the day antique shopping. He left the TV on for me, and I'm looking forward to a relaxing day of watching my favorite shows. I'll try to get Gary to go out and take some pictures of the park tomorrow, and I will post them as soon as I can. That's about it for the moment. I'll leave you with a few pictures of the park office where we checked in at, and our shady drive-through campsite. We're off to a great start to this trip. Have a WONDERFUL day!

No comments:

Post a Comment