Friday, December 4, 2015

It's Raining In Tifton, But We Don't Care

Our camping season is speeding by. We are now on round number 5 of 6 scheduled rounds for the year. We left St. Augustine around 2:30 Wednesday morning, and made our way up to what is becoming a favorite layover spot, and that is the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Valdosta, GA. Apparently, we aren't the only happy campers that enjoy catching a little rest there. There are always motor homes and 5th wheels in the outskirts of the parking lot, and we just slip right in among them, no reservations needed. We're never there long, and Gary always buys some supplies in the store before we go. At least they make a couple of dollars from us by visiting their store. We were there about three hours this time, then headed north on I-75 towards some gloomy looking weather. It wasn't long before we ran into some moderate rain, and that persisted for the remainder of the daylight hours. We took a little break at a rest stop along the way, then continued on. We hate driving in the rain, and were happy we didn't have very far to go to get to our first reserved stop at the I-75 RV Park in Tifton, GA. What a tiny little RV park it is. There are only 14 pull-through campsites. Gary called ahead and talked with Brian, the manager of the park. He told Gary that since it was raining, to just pull in and pick a spot, and we could pay later. We picked campsite number 10. It was one of only a handful that were empty. Since this was going to be just an overnight stay, I remained hitched up to Dodge. Gary quickly hooked up our power and cable TV, and didn't bother with anything else like he usually does. That was good enough on a rainy day. Much to our surprise, we had a TON of cable channels to watch. We expected just basic cable with only a few channels, but what we got was MUCH better. The rain didn't matter. We were thrilled to be watching an American Pickers marathon, and later, a Flipping RV's marathon. Since we don't have cable at home, that was a REAL treat. Gary napped for a little while, but my eyes were glued to the TV. That was FUN!!! When the rain slacked up, Gary went down to the office (which happens to be a motor home), and met Brian. He's a super nice guy. The rate was only $27 for the night. Heck, the cable TV was worth that. There aren't a lot of frills at the park, but it didn't matter to us. We were safe and comfortable, and that was good enough. That little building in the photos is the restroom and laundry facility. It's as tiny as the park is. Since 99% of the guests have big RV's with their own bathrooms, Gary had it all to himself. There is a bit of noise from I-75 traffic, but it didn't keep us from sleeping well. A couple of more pictures were taken before leaving the park on Thursday morning, then off we went. It was an overcast day with no rain, and it had turned MUCH cooler from what it had been. Ahhh.....just what we were hoping for. More news from our next stop soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment