Friday, May 25, 2012

Trauma In The Green Acres Garage

This will be a day I will never forget. Scary doesn't even begin to describe what I witnessed today, as Gary literally removed Scotty's skeleton right out of his body. I call it a skeleton, and most people would call it a frame, but whatever you call it, it was HORRIBLE to watch. My poor brother! I guess I REALLY underestimated what all is involved when a trailer gets a total rebuild. I knew Scotty was in MUCH worse shape than I was, but I was somehow thinking that a little extra woodworking and paint, and Scotty would be as good as new. WRONG!!! Gary assures me that everything will be fine. I sure hope so. It appears that Gary will be building an all new body on Scotty's skeleton. That will be nice, and if Scotty is in pain now, he won't be when he's fresh and new again. I wish I hadn't seen what I saw. Even worse, I'm stuck here behind Scotty's remains and I have to constantly be reminded of today's happenings. What will happen to the old Scotty? Will the new Scotty still be Scotty? Will Gary like the new Scotty more than me? It's all too much to think about. I've got to get some happy thoughts in my head, put my blinders on, and try to move on. This has NOT been a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment