Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What's Up, Scotty?

There's been a lot of activity in the Green Acres Garage lately, but not much of it has involved me. Gary has spent many days building wood storage racks for the 12x20 utility shed. As usual, I just sit back and relax as I watch him thrashing away. I am happy to report that there have been a few nights that have been cool enough for Gary to garage camp in me, and I'm thankful for that. With the wood storage racks built and put in place inside the shed, the first thing Gary wanted to do was empty all of those wood scraps out of my brother Scotty. Poor Scotty has been used as a rolling wood storage rack for over a year. He was so overloaded that his bumper was just a few inches from the ground. Early today, my other brother (Henry the Hilander) and I, watched as Gary pulled Scotty out of the garage and across the yard to the shed. A couple of hours later, Scotty was back. He was empty and looked very relieved to have all that junk out of him. Next thing I knew, Scotty's bumper was touching the floor. It wasn't because Gary had overloaded him again, but because his front end was jacked all the way up as high as it would go. With a floor jack and other supports in place, Gary began crawling around on the floor under Scotty, cutting off all of his body mount bolts. Something BIG is about to happen to Scotty, and I hope it's good. I'm just glad it's happening to him and not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment