Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gold Head Branch State Park

After our glorious two days of camping with the mermaids at Weeki Wachee Springs, Gary and I stopped for a night by ourselves at Gold Head Branch State Park in Keystone Heights,FL. It's a BIG park with nearly 2500 acres. From the ranger station at the entrance, back to our campsite, it was a little over 3 miles. I didn't think we were ever going to get there, but it was fun looking at everything along the way. Our campsite was large with lots of shade. I like that, and Gary always tries to reserve good spots that he knows I will enjoy. He does pretty darn well with that, especially considering he's not familiar with most of the places we go to. We arrived pretty late in the day, so Gary didn't have a chance to go out and explore and take pictures like he usually does. He made dinner and we watched Sunday night football together. It was a quiet and relaxing night. The following morning, I hung out at the campsite while Gary drove around through the park in the van taking photos. I thought he got lost since he was gone so long, but he finally made it back. Check-out time at the park is 1PM, and Gary had to rush to get me packed up and ready to roll. We barely made it out on time. This was a pretty and peaceful park, and it's less than 50 miles from home. I've already asked Gary if we can go back sometime during the winter when we can stay longer. I think he will give in and say yes, afterall, it's better than hearing me whine. I've been riding on my new axle now for over 400 miles, and other than a brake drum that is slightly out of round, everything is good. I am very happy to not be my saggy old self anymore like I was with the tired old axle that I used to have. I'm going to hang out and relax here at home for a few days while Gary catches up on some projects. And after that, we'll be off for three nights of camping at Anastasia State Park with a bunch of our friends. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment