Monday, October 15, 2012

Weeki Wachee Springs State Park

What an AMAZING weekend! A small group of trailers got together for an invitation only event at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. Gary and I were lucky enough to be included, and it was SO much fun! The park doesn't have a campground, but they set up a special area just for us, and supplied us with power and water. We were part of the 65th Anniversary celebration for Weeki Wachee. The weekend included a car show, free mermaid shows, and even a free lunch on Saturday for the participants. All of the trailers were on display, just like the cars in the show. We all know how cool trailers are, but the majority of people that came by didn't realize that fact. Nobody left without a smile. There were lots of questions, and a lot of oohs and aahs. I think Gary was pretty proud of me. Just when it seemed like things couldn't get any better, at the end of the day on Saturday, two of the famous Weeki Wachee mermaids came by to visit with us. They visited each trailer, and took lots of pictures with all of us. Luckily for me, the group pictures of all the participants was taken in front of me, WITH the mermaids! I gotta say, that was one of the coolest things that ever happened to me. I thought I was dreaming! It's hard to come back to reality after a weekend like that. Gary was very kind to me, and decided to extend the fun for one more night on the way home. He knows I love camping even more than he does, so we stopped for the night at another state park. I'll tell you all about that adventure next time, but for now, I need to get some rest. I'll talk to ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment