Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Sixty Mile Test

It's been a couple of weeks since the last time I escaped from the garage. Plans to go on another test run last week got derailed with Gary not feeling well. That's highly unlike him, and I'm glad he's feeling better. Before falling ill, Gary made some slight adjustments to my ride height and my brakes. With a camping trip across the state coming up very soon, he wanted to make sure the changes he made were working as expected. I'm happy to say that there were no disappointments. I kind of figured that we would go on a short test ride like we did last time, but this one lasted MUCH longer. Our first break was a rest stop on I-95, about 16 miles from home. Gary checked my wheel hubs to make sure there was no excessive heat from my wheel bearings and brakes. From there, we went to a HUGE subdivision called Flagler Estates. Gary has 2-1/2 acres of property there, and I had never seen it until today. It's a nice place to visit, but we're glad we live where we live. It's too far away from civilization for us. We slowly made our way home, traveling some back roads that I've never been on before. It was fun, and I enjoyed my time out of the garage. As a bonus, the temperature was in the 70's today, and that's a LOT better than the typical Florida heat. By the time we got home, we had traveled more than 60 miles. Now that Gary is happy with all the work he has done to me, I think we're ready to roll to our first campout with me riding on my new axle. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment