Saturday, July 20, 2013

Company Is ALWAYS Nice!

I sure do love having company stop by to see me. Everybody is always so friendly and complimentary. I often sit here alone for weeks or months at a time without anybody other than Gary to pay any attention to me. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my owner, but it's always fun meeting new people. I was blessed twice this past week with new friends stopping by for visits. First, Marguerite and her nephew Jacob from Orlando came by with their Airstream Bambi. Marguerite is friends with Nancy Martin in Charlotte, NC. Nancy had come by to meet Gary and I a couple of years ago, and keeps in touch with Gary regularly via e-mail. A couple of months ago, Gary had cut the rear bumper off of my brother Scotty to give to Nancy. Marguerite and Jacob were heading to North Carolina to camp with Nancy, so they stopped by to pick up the bumper along the way. They were carrying a LOT of stuff, in addition to five dogs, a cat, and a bird. But somehow, Marguerite made room for the bumper and a temporary spare tire that Gary was also sending to Nancy. Unfortunately, they couldn't stay long, but our visit was fun while it lasted. Yesterday, Gary's Facebook friend Amy and her husband Jim came by for awhile. They have a variety of vintage trailers, but on this trip, they brought along a rented r-pod. They had spent their 25th wedding anniversary week at Anastasia State Park, and came by here on their way back to Panama City. There was lots of trailer talk going on between Amy and Gary especially, and they chatted in me with the nice cool air conditioning on for about an hour. Just like with Marguerite and Jacob, the visit with Amy and Jim was much too short. I'm hoping that everyone who came by to see us this week will come back again soon. Even better, maybe we can all go camping together one of these days, but not until the summer heat is gone. If you're going to be in St. Augustine, stop by and say hello. I know that we are not going to be going anywhere for awhile, and it's always nice to meet new friends and see some smiling faces. I'll leave a light on for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment