Friday, November 22, 2013

Lake Griffin: We're Outta Here!

Tuesday morning had arrived, and it was time to head home from our five night stay at Lake Griffin State Park. Gary hitched me up to "Dodge", and off we went. As I had mentioned before, Lake Griffin isn't Gary's favorite park to camp at, but it's conveniently located to some of the places that he likes to go to. As long as we're camping, I'm not picky about where we're at. Even though the park doesn't offer a lot to see and do, our campsite (#5) is the best in the park. Actually, it's nicer than a lot of places we camp at. Gary and I like our seclusion, and campsite #5 offers plenty of that. On three sides, we can't see anyone at all. On the remaining side, there is a limited view of campsite #4 and #3, but there's still a lot of foliage blocking the view. No other campsite in the park is that secluded, so if you're like us and that's the type of campsite you like, we HIGHLY recommend it. Gary took one last photo as we were heading out of the campground, and a couple of hours later, we were back in St. Augustine, and I was safe and dry in my garage. Marathon camping is coming soon, so I'll have a LOT to tell you about. If anything happens before then, I'll let you know. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment