Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Fifth Thanksgiving At Tomoka State Park

Well, here we are once again at Tomoka State Park. This is my fifth Thanksgiving in a row here. Gary camped here twice before he got me, so this is his seventh year in a row. As always, we're in campsite #10. Gary kind of angled me in this time, so my door side is more visible from the road. I'm not sure why he did that, but it works for me. We arrived here around 10AM this morning, but we couldn't get into our campsite yet. It was rented last night, and was still occupied when we arrived. So, we drove through the park to kill some time, making frequent stops for photos along the way. We visited the camp store, various picnic areas, and most importantly, we stopped to see the vintage Chief Tomokie art sculpture. That is just the coolest thing, and a must see for anyone visiting the park. It's a shame that it was vandalized years ago, and funds aren't available to fix it. Nevertheless, it's still a very cool "old Florida" kind of thing. It was 12:30 before we could get into our campsite. Gary got me settled in, and then he left to do some sightseeing around town. He was gone for about three hours, came back and cooked some dinner, and now he's over taking a shower. I have no idea what Gary is doing tomorrow, but I plan to sleep as much as I can. I missed my nap today, and I get grouchy when I don't get enough sleep. And Gary will be the first to tell you that there's nothing worse than a grouchy Toaster! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment