Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gary's Progress, And My New Pal, "Nutkin"

Hey there! It's been about a week since I last checked in, so I thought I'd let you all know how things are going. I would have posted sooner, but I've been busy watching over Gary. As you know, he had eyelid surgery last week. The first picture I posted today was taken at his surgeon's office on Tuesday, which was eight days after the surgery. Although his wounds look kind of scary, he has made a lot of progress. His surgeon said that he is ahead of schedule with his healing. Gary gives me a lot of credit for how well he is doing. He's an active guy, and I've had to constantly nag him to keep him from doing too much. Apparently, my nagging has paid off. This morning, Gary brought out a shopping bag to me, and inside the bag was a little stuffed squirrel. He knows, as do all of my blog readers, how much I love squirrels, and wanted to reward me for taking care of him with this cool little gift. I have named my new pet "Nutkin". Nutkin and my dog Serra have hit it off, so that's good. I think they're kind of cute together. I found out that Gary had bought Nutkin for me when we were camping at Magnolia Springs in Georgia last month, but kept him a secret until now. That Gary can be pretty sneaky sometimes. While he was buying Nutkin for me at the Magnolia Springs gift shop, he also bought the t-shirt in the bottom picture for himself. The writing on the shirt pretty much says it all. In addition to receiving good news from the surgeon about how well he was healing, Gary also was "cleared" to go camping this coming week. We are both really excited to get away from home again, and do some relaxing in the great outdoors. And I'll be sure to introduce Nutkin to the REAL squirrels in the campground. I can't wait! If not before, I'll check in when we reach our destination. Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Aw great additions to your collection. Glad to see your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete