Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Home For Six Whole Weeks

Sorry I'm a week late in saying this, but Happy New Year! On behalf of Gary and myself, we wish you all a healthy and happy 2014. Did you make any new year's resolutions? I didn't. I have never stuck with the ones I made in the past, so why even bother? Anyway, there's been a lot going on since I last checked in from General Coffee State Park in Georgia. We greatly enjoyed our five day stay there. The weather was good for the first four days, but it rained on New Year's day and night. Poor Gary had to pack up our camping gear in the rain, and it rained all the way home to St. Augustine. It was a miserable ride, and I was especially sad knowing that our camping was over for awhile. Last year, we camped almost constantly until mid-April. But this year, Gary needs to get some work done around the house, so we have to stay home for a few weeks. The garage is a mess, and the house doesn't look any better. Gary's new year's resolution was to make a BIG difference in how things look around here. That includes getting rid of a LOT of junk, building more storage areas, and getting better organized. He's off to a good start. I just hope he sticks with his resolutions better than I ever did. I'm also hoping that if by chance he gets a lot done this year, that we can have an extra long camping season next fall and winter. That would be SWEET!!! So, I'm going to sit and watch, and not get in his way or get him aggravated. Yesterday, Gary needed some room to work in the garage, and I got to go outside for awhile. I hung out with my buddy "Dodge" the van, and Jackie and Caroline, the newest arrivals in the growing fleet of Serro Scottys here at the Green Acres Garage. A big step in Gary's organization plan, is to build a loft over about half of the rear area of the garage. With the floor area cleared back there, he got to work. Shelves on the steel racking have to be emptied and rearranged to allow the wood framing for the loft to be attached. Gary has all of this envisioned in his head. I don't have a clue what he is talking about, but I'm sure it will come together as planned. Even though the garage is pigged up right now (no offense to pigs, of course), it looks pretty big without me and "Dodge" and the little Neon in it, doesn't it? Well, it has looked MUCH bigger and MUCH better, and I'm sure it will again. I promise I won't be as lazy as I've been this past week, and I will post pics of the progress made SOON. Thanks for stopping by, and once again, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment