Friday, July 18, 2014

No More Bitchin' About The Kitchen

As you all know, I can be an impatient little guy. Gary is trying to get a lot of work done this summer, but things are moving at a snails pace when it comes to the repairs on me. I've tried to be understanding, and tried not to complain, but I'm getting really tired of being all torn up and looking awful. Maybe the summer heat is getting to me. All I know is that I'm getting more and more grumpy every day. I've whined often about my kitchen lately, or should I say the kitchen that looks like a bomb went off in it. I've always been proud of how my kitchen looked. Everyone that sees it seems to like the use of stainless steel against the black cabinets. But Gary had to remove my upper cabinet and part of my electrical wiring to repair the wall the cabinet was mounted on. The cabinet has been sitting in the garage collecting dust for quite awhile now. In the meantime, Gary tore out my stainless steel backsplash as well. That made me look even worse. I guess my constant complaining finally got Gary to put aside his house repair projects, and start working on me for a change. I've seen him more this week than I have the last couple of months combined. He hasn't stopped working on the house, but at least I'm getting some attention. Here's what's happened since my last posting. All of the glue residue that remained on my wall after the backsplash got removed, got scraped off. Following that, the wall received two coats of paint. Then my upper cabinet got cleaned up, touched up with paint in a few areas, and put back into place. As I've mentioned before, the short little ends on the cabinet were removed awhile ago, and new end pieces that will connect the upper cabinet to the lower cabinet are in the process of being made. The end closest to my door got cut and fitted for size today. Fits like a glove! I like the little swoosh on the piece that meets up with the lower cabinet. That's going to look cool when everything is painted and the trim is put on. Some of my electrical wiring got reattached to the same places it was originally. All in all, I'm looking better than I did a week ago, but there's still a long way to go. I do feel bad for whining so much and seeming like I'm ungrateful for everything that Gary has done for me. He has SO much to do around here, and I know I'm not a big priority right now. I really do think my general attitude is as bad as it is because of the intense heat this time of year. I'm going to apologize to Gary for being such a grump. Maybe if I buy him a nice cool alcoholic beverage, he will forgive me. It's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment