Friday, September 12, 2014

Less Than A Month To Go

We are well into September, and there's less than a month to go before we head out on our first round of camping for the fall and winter season. Gary PROMISED me that he would spend lots of time working on me when September rolled around, but he hasn't exactly done what he said he would do. He's still been working primarily on his collection of vans and other projects, but there has been a LITTLE bit of work done to me. I am totally disgusting inside and out at the moment, and I'm sure that we won't be going anywhere until I'm in decent shape. That leaves LOTS to do, and not a lot of time to do it. I'm hoping that I somehow reach the priority status, and all of Gary's other interests fall by the wayside, at least for awhile. There isn't much to tell you about, but I can show you a couple of pictures that I managed to download from Gary's camera. The thin white board you see in the first picture, was cut and primered for my kitchen counter backsplash. The instructions for the stainless steel tiles (shown in the second picture), said that it was necessary to paint the wood with oil-based primer in order for the tiles to stick properly. So that's exactly what Gary did. After all, we don't want that pretty tile to fall off as we're heading down the road, now do we? I LOVE the tile. I think it adds a bit of depth and class to my kitchen. There was nothing wrong with the plain stainless steel sheet that used to be my backsplash, but it was not nearly as nice as the tiles. The new backsplash has been installed, but Gary will not allow me to post any pictures until my kitchen area is totally completed. I'll do as he asks. I surely don't want to make him mad and have him go camping in the van without me. I've waited since April to get the heck out of this garage, and I am NOT going to blow my chances. So, I will hopefully have some more pictures for you soon. Thanks for your patience. Love, Toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment