Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sudsy Saturday

I was promised on Thursday that I would have a bath on Friday. Little did Gary know when he made that promise, that it was going to rain the entire day. It was disappointing, but you can't fight Mother Nature. When we woke up on Saturday morning, it looked like it was going to be another wet and gloomy day. For the most part, it was. But there was just enough of a break by mid-afternoon, that Gary hooked me up to "Dodge", and we went outside for awhile. It was the first time I had been outside the Green Acres Garage since the middle of April. But overshadowing my joy of seeing grass and trees and a hint of sunshine, was my urgent need to be cleaned. Since I didn't get a bath when we got home from our last camping trip in April, I still had road grime and bird poop on me. I've gathered sawdust and lots of cobwebs during this long summer. I'm sure you've been so dirty at some point in your life, that you just can't wait to have a bath. That's exactly how I've been feeling. Gary got out the ladder and the long-handled scrub brush, and began washing my roof first. Then came everything else that he could reach from ground level. It didn't take long, and I was sparkling clean. It felt SO good!!! As soon as Gary was done, it began to drizzle again. He quickly put me back in the garage, and dried me with a soft chamois. Then I was rolled back into the middle of the garage, to the spot where I've been sitting for all these months. I was a VERY happy camper. Moments later, the rain stopped again, and it was time for "Dodge" to have his bath. He was cleaner than I had been, but he was still pretty dirty. Then "Casper" the cargo van got all the bugs washed off his front end. Who is "Casper" you ask? As you may recall, I had named the cargo van "Snail", but Gary wasn't overly fond of the name. Our friend Gail from Ohio suggested that the van be called "Casper". Gary liked the name, and honestly, I like it better too. So "Casper" it is. After all of the trailer and van washing was done, and after Gary got done with a few other projects that he wanted to accomplish today, then he got a much needed bath too. So, "sudsy Saturday" is over, everybody is clean and happy, and all is well at the Green Acres Garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment