Thursday, October 22, 2015

Home Sweet St. Augustine

After 16 wonderful days on the road, we've made our way back home to St. Augustine. I sure am glad we were southbound instead of northbound on I-95. There were 5 major accidents in the northbound lanes within 20 miles of home. With light rain and slick roads, I was REALLY nervous that someone wouldn't be paying attention, and would run into me. That's my biggest fear. I have nightmares about it from time to time. Anyway, we made it home safely, and I am VERY grateful for that. Our first camping trip of the year was TONS of fun. Gary and Dodge traveled a total of 2,080 miles. During 744 of those miles, I sat in whatever campground we were at while my buddies were off hunting down antique stores. That leaves 1336 miles that I was actually on the road with them. Needless to say, I got a whole lot more relaxation time than they did. Gary bought a LOT of stuff on this trip as you can see by the lack of free space that remains in Dodge. Most every nook and cranny was filled with something. I know for sure that Dodge will be glad to get emptied out. We left those cooler temperatures we experienced in Georgia and Tennessee behind. Although it's nowhere near as hot here at home as it was a month ago, it's still warm enough to run the air conditioner. Mine is humming away as I write this post. While I continue my life of leisure, Gary has lots to do in the short time we are home. Somehow he always manages to get everything done. We'll all be ready to roll out of the Green Acres Garage again in about a week, and I am SO looking forward to it. If our second trip is even half as good as the first, then we are going to love it. Bring it ON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment