Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Musical Chairs

With Henry moved to the driveway, and the garage somewhat cleaned up, the goal of the day was to create a good sized workspace in the center of the garage. That meant that a series of moves had to be made. In the rear of the garage was Gary's 1971 Dodge Dart, his 1995 Dodge Neon Coupe, and the frame of my brother "Scotty". The Neon was chosen to lose his spot, since he is a running vehicle and the only one of the three that is okay to be out in the weather if need be. With the tow dolly, Gary moved me over as close as possible to the workbenches against the wall. He thought that would give him enough room to drive the Neon out between me and the old 1965 Dodge A100 van. The space looked pretty narrow to me, but I know that Gary wouldn't put any of us in harms way. It's been a long time since the Neon has been started, and the battery was dead. But after a bit of charging, he was ready to roll. Amazingly, he cranked right up with just a flick of the key. Slowly, Gary "threaded the needle", so to speak, driving the Neon between me and the A100. I couldn't even look as the Neon rolled by me. It was REALLY close, but he made it safely out of the garage. Once there was room to work, and the floor where the Neon had sat was swept, Gary rolled me back into the spot where the Neon had been. I was nervous once again when Gary pushed me VERY close to the sharp and pointy floor supports on the side of Scotty's bare frame. Those would have literally scarred me for life if they had touched me, but Gary was very careful and I guess I had no reason to worry. Even with the Neon being back inside the garage, but close to the door, the big area in the middle of the garage is now wide open and ready for the next big project. I'm hoping that project is me, but that remains to be seen. My kitchen base cabinet is torn apart, and there's other work in me that Gary is planning to accomplish before the fall camping season begins. I know I'm going to be worked on pretty soon, but it's hard to be patient when you really don't have anything else to do with your time. When something happens, you'll be the first to know. Until next time, this is Toaster, coming to you live from the back of the Green Acres Garage. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment