Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Day Of Rest...For Me That Is

It's been a lazy day here at Lake Griffin. Gary was up early, and left around 6:30AM to head to the car show. I went back to sleep for awhile, then got up when I heard some activity going on nearby. A few people headed home, and a few new people came in. Gary was gone for nearly 8 hours. When he got back, he walked through the campground to see if there were any more vintage trailers here. As usual, I'm the only one. I never thought I'd say this, but it's cool being old. People come by and say hello and are interested in me. Those same people walk by half-million dollar motorhomes, and show no interest in them at all. All I can say to that is HA-HA!!! I'm loving life, and I guess it shows, because I always seem to bring a smile to those that see me. A rather unusual trailer is next door to us. It's a cargo trailer, but it has a panel on the side that folds out like a pop-up camper. I've included a picture of it. It's definitely different. Gary's BIG score at today's car show was the pair of Yankee Turnflex taillights that are shown in the 3rd picture. As you probably know, those are the original taillights used on old Serro Scottys like myself. Other than being dirty, they are in good shape. And the best part is that Gary only paid $4 for the pair of them. He knows a bargain when he sees one. I was one of his bargains a few years ago myself. Tomorrow, Gary will be going to a HUGE flea market with antiques and collectibles. It's always fun to see what he finds. I'll be holding down the fort, so to speak, and probably doing what I do best...absolutely NOTHING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment