Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Kitchen Cabinet Renovation Is Complete!

Finally...my kitchen cabinet renovation has been completed, and just in the nick of time too. Our camping season begins in just a couple of days, and I am SO excited! Gary has been working hard on me and lots of other things in preparation for our long trip. He's been running around like crazy, and I honestly get tired just watching him. Anyway, let me tell you about my latest updates. After a couple of coats of paint on the back sides of my new cabinet doors, the edges of the front sides were painted as well. Then, stainless steel panels were glued to the front sides of the doors and the drawer. That's the reason why only the edges of the doors and drawer were painted. The glue for the stainless sticks better to bare wood. The white coating you see on the stainless is to keep it from getting scratched. It peels off easily, revealing the gleaming stainless beneath. The next pic is of the cabinet fronts and doors installed. The thin little map drawer in front of my wheel well won't hold much, but it makes a little use of some wasted space. I also included a pic of my countertop with my new "high rise" sink faucet. The final touch was the aluminum trim that Gary added to the raw edges of both my lower and upper cabinets, and also to each end of my bunk beds. He has had the trim since he first got me, but finally got around to installing it four years later. Better late than never, right? I think it looks much better than just the bare plywood edges. What do you think? Needless to say, I am VERY pleased with all of the work that Gary did. I was hoping to get my aluminum skin cleaned and polished before our trip, but that isn't going to happen. Oh well, at least I'm new and improved on the inside, and that's what really matters. This will be my final blog post until we hit the road, and that won't be long at all. Internet connections permitting, I'll be blogging from each stop along the way as we head to New York. Once there, we'll be camping with good friends, seeing fall foliage, and enjoying some much cooler weather than what we are used to here in Florida. I'll chat with you soon, and that's a promise. Love Always, Toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment