Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hanging Out At Lake Griffin State Park

"Dodge" and I, and Gary too of course, left Wekiwa Springs State Park on Thursday morning, and headed roughly fifty miles north to Lake Griffin State Park. This is our fifth stay here, and the third in campsite #5. It's our favorite one in this park. As I've said in past posts from here, Lake Griffin isn't that great of a park, but we stay here for the convenience of it's location. It's close to several of the places that Gary likes to go to. It's been in the higher 80's every day, and the chances of rain have been nil. Gary is whining about how hot it is. For him, this is just the start of what promises to be a very long summer, even though spring has barely just begun. In Florida, we don't have much of a spring. It goes from being pretty cold to really hot in a very short amount of time. I know that this round of camping is definitely going to be our last until next fall. I don't care if it's hot or cold, it's all the same to me. I just love camping. But Gary is my "boss", and whatever he wants is what we do. I can't complain. We have been all over the eastern part of the country this camping season, and for that, I am VERY grateful. One thing that Gary enjoys doing when we come here to Lake Griffin is to go antique shopping. It's become an obsession with him lately, no matter where we are. He has bought a LOT of stuff on this trip through northeastern Florida. Poor old "Dodge" is hauling everything from a massive rusty boat anchor to a chicken coop. I can't wait to see how Gary uses all this stuff in his decorating plan for the living room in his house. It is definitely a very weird mix of stuff that he's bought. I've become a rolling storage shed for a lot of it. I sure hope there's room in "Dodge" for everything before we leave here tomorrow morning. It's late Saturday afternoon as I write this. The three of us have been hanging out here at the campsite for most of the afternoon. I tried to post earlier, but I've had trouble getting pictures to load onto the blog. It took well over an hour to load the ones you see here. TV reception has been spotty too. At least I got to watch "People's Court" a couple of times. I LOVE that show! There haven't been many squirrel sightings, and that's fine with me. After the traumatic experience I had with those overly aggressive squirrels at Wekiwa Springs (see my previous post}, I'm fine with not seeing any of my furry tailed little buddies for awhile. We roll on to Silver Springs State Park in Ocala, FL. tomorrow. We've only been there once before, and the park was called Silver River then. That was over three years ago. Silver River merged with Silver Springs, the old Florida tourist attraction, so now it's known as Silver Springs State Park. We are going to be in the same campsite we were in three years ago, and as I recall, it was a spacious one. I'll check in from there if we have a good internet connection. From "Dodge" and Gary and myself, enjoy the remainder of your weekend. I'll catch you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment