Thursday, April 24, 2014

On The Move

During the course of every year, the need arises for things to be moved around inside my house, the Green Acres Garage. Gary does this major task usually three times per year on average. When "Poppy" arrived here a couple of weeks ago, I was certain that things would be moved around soon to make the best use of space. Gary has more junk than anybody I've ever met, and that accumulation of clutter is to blame for the constant chaos around here. I guess the problem wasn't as bad until he got into travel trailers a few years ago, but even without the trailers and related parts, the amount of stuff that Gary owns is simply monumental. He promises to get rid of some of this junk and get better organized. I hope that happens, but for now, he deals with it as well as he can. Today was the day to move things around, and the first step was to get rid of a lot of wood that was haphazardly stacked under the loft that Gary built earlier this year. The wood will end up in a storage shed on the other end of the property. To get it from the garage to the shed, my brother "Henry" the S.L.U.T (Serro Lawn & Utility Trailer) was put to work. Henry was nearly full by the time he pulled away from the garage. Once the wood was gone and a bunch of junk was loaded onto the frame of my other brother "Scotty", then "Scotty" was moved to his new home under the loft. You can see "Scotty's" tongue hanging out in the picture, but otherwise it's hard to tell he's even back there. "Scotty's" move left an open spot next to Gary's old Dodge Dart, but not for long. The old blue and white Dodge van was moved over a bit, and hidden between it and the side door to the garage was three old jukeboxes. I've lived here for almost five years, and this is the first time I've ever seen them. I had no idea that Gary owned any jukeboxes. Like I said, there is a LOT of junk here. Before moving the van, "Poppy" and I had to go outside so there would be room to work. My buddy "Dodge" was used to pull "Poppy", and for the first time ever, I was pulled outside by Gary's Dad's old Buick. The Buick was also used to pull "Henry" around. With the old Dodge van rolled back into it's spot next to the Dodge Dart, the space where the van and the jukeboxes were was cleaned and readied for "Poppy". The bones of a dead bird was found while sweeping the floor. I wonder where THAT came from? Gary brought "Poppy" back in, and turned her around facing the back of the garage so that getting into her door would be easier. Then I was brought back in, and put back into my usual spot in the middle of the garage. I thought that "Dodge" would be taking his usual position between me and the front garage door, but guess what happened instead? Well, as you can see, that huge old Terry trailer was brought in instead. As I mentioned in my last post, it is being sold to our friend Cindy. It will only be here long enough for Gary to do a little work on it, and then it's out of here for good. The Terry's rear bumper is WAY too close to my hitch for my liking, but room is tight in here with four trailers, a van, a car, a riding lawn mower, and more stuff than a Wal-Mart distribution center has in stock, and that's not far from the truth. It took Gary eleven hours to do all of this. He is taking a well deserved nap at the moment. "Poppy" and I enjoyed our day in the sun, but we are almost as tired as Gary is from watching how much he accomplished. He was a BUSY guy! I'm ready for a nap myself, so I'm going to sign off. I'll catch you again soon. Goodnight, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment