Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cleansing The Soul




There's been something on my mind for awhile that I've been meaning to tell you all about, and the time has come. If you've been a reader of my blog in the past, you know that I fell head over heals in love with "Serena" from Ohio. Looking back, I was blinded by her beauty, and didn't stop long enough to realize that the feelings between us weren't entirely mutual. I won't go into a lot of detail about what happened with our relationship, as it really isn't important. I'll just say that it obviously wasn't going to work out. I try to focus on the happy and positive things, so that's why I haven't brought this up before. Gary knew that having pictures of Serena in the photo montage hanging over my bunk beds was not a good thing. So recently, he replaced the pictures of Serena and her owners with pictures of our Florida camping friends and their trailers. To further "cleanse the soul" and to start the fast-approaching New Year in a fresh and exciting way, Gary and I decided to burn all traces of Serena in the campfire while we were at Florida Caverns State Park. I can't even begin to explain how good that felt. I was such a fool for falling so hard so fast, and I know I'll never make that mistake again. When we left Florida Caverns on Christmas Eve morning, it seemed like a major weight had been lifted off of me. That's probably a good reason why I felt SO good when we reached the next stop in our travels. I had the best Christmas ever, and I'm looking forward to whatever comes my way in 2012. Watch out girls...I'm available!

No comments:

Post a Comment