Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Manatee Springs Campout, Day #1 (Friday)





Thank goodness that Gary didn't oversleep. My excitement had kept me up all night, and I was ready to get rolling. By 5:30AM, we were on our way. After fuel and food stops, we arrived at the park by 9AM. Nobody had camped in our spot the previous night, so we got in immediately. Campsite #66 was all ours for the next few days. A few of our camping friends had already arrived and we were anxious to see them, but first things first. Gary got right to work setting me up, and decorating me for Halloween. I looked pretty festive if I do say so myself. I relaxed and got used to my surroundings, while Gary made the rounds and talked with our friends. More of our camping pals arrived throughout the day, and it was fun to see them all. As darkness fell, Gary was finding it harder and harder to stay awake. Come to find out, he was just as excited as I was about the trip, and didn't get much sleep either. While our other friends partied until quiet time at 11PM, Gary took a shower and called it a night much earlier. Apparently, he re-charged his batteries (so to speak) very well, as I would be alone late into each of the following nights. Our first day was a muggy one, but all of that was about to change. It rained for hours during the night, but by morning, the rain had stopped and the air was MUCH cooler. Both Gary and I love it when it's cool, so we were THRILLED. Bring on day two!

No comments:

Post a Comment