Thursday, November 3, 2011

Manatee Springs Campout, Day #2 (Saturday)





Gary and I woke up on Saturday morning to a cool and refreshing day. By 8:30 or so, Gary was off with his friends to do some hanging out and catching up. As always, I hung out at the campsite, and enjoyed the comings and goings of all our camping buddies as they passed by. A few stopped by to visit with me. In the afternoon, Gary and a few others went for a walk to take in the sites of Manatee Springs. The springs lead into the Suwannee River, and the water is crystal clear and 72 degrees year 'round. Gary tells me it is very pretty, and by the pictures I've seen, I totally agree. As afternoon headed into early evening, everyone gathered at Becky's campsite for a hot dog roast, pumpkin carving, and Halloween candy packaging session. After eating and visiting for awhile, Gary came back to our campsite, and changed into his "hippie" Halloween costume. I hardly recognized him. This long-haired '60's throwback didn't look anything like the old bald guy I know so well. Oh, that was mean, wasn't it? I like to joke with Gary, but he knows I love him. The entire group walked through the campground, passing out Halloween candy to our unsuspecting fellow campers. Everyone really got a kick out of it. After that, everyone returned to Becky's campsite, and had a great time laughing and joking until well past the 11PM quiet time. Gary returned to our campsite around 1AM and we hit the hay shortly after. It was a fun day for everyone involved, and a beautiful day for a little Serro Scotty like myself to relax and enjoy camping to it's fullest. This is what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment