Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Paynes Prairie Revisited, Day #2

As I anticipated, day two here at Paynes Prairie was very similar to day one. Gary hung out here at the campground with me until noon, then headed out for a few hours of antique shopping. His first stop today was downtown Micanopy (pronounced Mik-can-o-pee). I mistakenly pronounced it as My-can-o-pee ever since I first heard of it. It's a tiny little town only a couple of miles from Paynes Prairie. Not much of anything is going on there except for a few antique stores and a couple of places to eat. In the very first store that Gary went into, the one that the van is parked in front of in the first picture, he found something REALLY cool. There was a dealer there that had a LOT of antique soda bottles, and one of them said "Drink SCOTTY Beverages" on it. Since Gary loves Scotty travel trailers so much, there was no question that he was going to buy it. Now that I've seen it for myself, I totally agree that it is the coolest drink bottle EVER!!! After wandering through all of the other antique shops and finding nothing exciting, Gary headed south on I-75 to check out a couple of more antique stores just a few miles away. Again, he turned up nothing. It was getting late, so he headed back to Paynes Prairie. On the way in, he spotted some deer on the side of the road. Surprisingly, they stood still long enough to have their pictures taken. The last picture of the day was taken at the boat ramp at Lake Wauberg at sunset, as Gary aproached the campground. Gary finally got back to our campsite. He was gone for a LONG time, and I was beginning to think he got lost. It's happened before, you know. Poor Gary will never live that down. I had another lazy day here, listening to the radio and watching the squirrels. Tomorrow, Gary is planning to go hiking on a couple of the trails that he didn't see on our last visit. I'll make sure that the GPS on his phone is working. After all, we don't want him to get lost, do we? HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oddly, I've actually been to Micanopy, can't remember why, but it's a very quaint.

    ReplyDelete