Friday, January 11, 2013

Three Rivers State Park, Day #2

New Year's Day at Three Rivers was pretty uneventful for Gary and I. The rain we had the previous night did not continue during the day, so that's good. As usual, Gary headed out to explore the park, and I hung out at the campsite. A couple of people came by to visit with me while Gary was gone, and one of them said that I was cute. That's always nice to hear when you're as old as I am. It made my day! Gary was really enjoying the new camera that he just got. The only times I saw him during the day was when he came back to charge the camera battery and grab a snack. I sometimes wish that I could go out and actually see all the things that he does, but I do get to enjoy them through his eyes via the photos. It's just as well because I am FAR too lazy to be as active as he is. My job is to be Gary's home away from home, and I think I am pretty darn good at what I do. Gary hiked trails and roads, and drove through parts of the park that were too far away from the campground to get to on foot. He saw ducks, deer, squirrels, and wild birds. I love animals, and am always especially interested in the pictures he takes of them. He was pretty tired by the end of the day, but that didn't stop him from driving to the closest town after dinner and a shower to see his favorite store, Wal-Mart. Something else happened to the van on the way to Wal-Mart, but I'll tell you more about that next time. After he got back, we watched some TV together. I tried several more times (just like on our first night) to post on my blog, but the internet connection was not good at Three Rivers. So much for my "LIVE From The Road" reports. We actually had internet connection problems on all three of our stops on this trip. We're home now, and I'm a bit behind on posting, but hang in there and I'll get caught up soon. More later. It's time for my afternoon nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment