Friday, March 28, 2014

Camping And Picking in Daytona Beach

We returned home from our Georgia trip on March 16th. After being on the road for a couple of weeks, the break gave Gary a chance to regroup, and "Dodge" and I got some much needed rest. We hit the road again on March 27th, and are currently at Tomoka State Park in Ormond Beach, FL. We usually stay here a couple of times each year, mainly due to the spring and fall car shows at nearby Daytona International Speedway. Our favorite campsite was taken when Gary booked us for our stay, so he had to pick another one. Well, I think we have a new favorite. We are in campsite #90. We like our privacy, and it doesn't get more private than this in a busy state park. The only campsite in our view is at an angle across the street. Because of the woods on each side and behind us, we are quite secluded. Plus, the restroom is only about 60 feet away. Gary likes that. We will definitely stay in this campsite from now on if we can get it. We will be here for three nights this time. Gary is planning to go to the car show on Saturday, but the weather may end those plans. We'll see. As you know, he has become an avid antique hunter or "picker" if you will. He has already been out to shop at a few antique stores, and came back with some new treasures for his collection. He's already got an idea of where he's heading to today. The park is at full capacity because of spring break, the car show, and just the time of year it is. People go by and stop and look at me. I'm the only vintage trailer here, so I'm a little more interesting to look at than the newer trailers, I guess. I'm as happy as I can be. There are an abundance of squirrels to look at, and you know how much I LOVE squirrels. This is the first of four stops on a loop through Florida. We're not travelling as far as we did on our last trip, but I'm sure we will have just as much fun. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment