Monday, March 3, 2014

Ghost Town Campground

It's Monday here at General Coffee State Park, and all of our fellow campers have left us here alone. As I look out over the campground, the only other trailer here is the campground host, and it is here continually. It's weird to have the campground entirely to ourselves. I don't think that has ever happened to Gary and I before. Talk about peace and quiet. It's almost scary it's so quiet. As I write this, it's after 5PM. I doubt if anyone else will check in at this late of an hour, but we will see. It's lightly raining as the weather gurus predicted. It's been overcast and kind of gloomy looking for most of the day, but the breeze has felt heavenly. Gary fed the donkeys early today. Other than making a Wal-Mart run to get more carrots, he has been right here with me all day. It's nice to have him around to keep me company, especially when there is absolutely nobody else here in the campground. He's been reading and listening to music, just as he did yesterday. I've fallen asleep a couple of times. That's an easy thing to do under these circumstances. I can't believe this is our third day here. Time goes by much too quickly, that's for sure. Gary is planning to go antique shopping tomorrow, so I will be totally alone unless another camper or two shows up. The weather gurus are predicting a nice day for this area, and I'm predicting that I'll be doing some SERIOUS sleeping. That's my forecast, and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment