Monday, December 1, 2014

Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park: Our First Visit

We are now at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park in White Springs, FL. This is the first time we have ever been here, but I'm sure it won't be the last. This is a VERY nice place. We are in campsite #1, and right next door to the restroom. This is a HUGE campsite. It is a "buddy" campsite, which means that it shares it's driveway and part of it's space with campsite #3. It would be a bummer if someone was actually in campsite #3, but we were told when we arrived that they never rent it out. So, we are happy to have this big campsite all to ourselves. Gary told me he would take pictures of the park today, but he actually spent the entire day antique shopping in nearby Lake City. The only pictures he took were the ones I've posted. We will be here two more full days yet, so I'm sure that he will explore the place and take a boat load of pictures like he usually does. It's nice and quiet here except for the occasional ringing of the bells in the Carillon Tower. Stephen Foster songs are played, along with other music. Although there isn't any decorations here in the campground, Gary told me that there are LOTS of Christmas lights throughout the rest of the park. I'll see if I can get him to take a few pictures of them tomorrow night. There is no TV reception here at all, but Gary leaves the iPod playing when I'm here alone. He's SO thoughtful! There are quite a few squirrels here too, and they are always fun to watch. That's about it for now. I hope to have more to show you and tell you about next time. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment